Date : Tuesday, 21st June 2011
Time : 3.00 p.m - 4.30 p.m
Venue : Biology laboratory
- To analyse data on water pollution
- Expose the students about water pollution in the certain type of water.
- Encourage the students about the important of clean water for our life.
On this day, some of our friends was doing an experiment about biochemical oxgen demand (BOD). They started the experiment from 3.00 p.m until 4.30 p.m. Our school's teacher, Puan Azizah bt. Muda helped them during experiment.
- Record the time taken for methylene blue solution to decolourise by using a stopwatch
Our teacher Puan Azizah Muda observe their experiment
Apparatus and Materials needed in this experiment
All young scientist start to do the experiment
Ranareem observe any change in water samples
Puan Azizah watching all scientist do their work
Rahmat is measuring the water
Hud is observing any change in sample water
Observe and record the time taken for methyne blue solution to decolourise
All the samples water are observe and record the time taken to decolourise
- Rapid decolourisation of the methylene blue show that the water has very little oxygen . Hence the B.OD. value of the water sample is high
- Slow decolourisation of the methynele blue shows that the B.O.D value is low and the water is the least polluted
For your information readers.. this is not just an experiments that you can say its a part of our PEKA. .. This experiments its about our life.. our next generation life.. as you know our earth cover about 70% of water..Many of us seems did not care about the important of clean water in our country.. they expect there has anyone can care about the water cleanliness... wake up Malaysians.. let us together keep the water clean... and not just rely on the other people to do that for you..